Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Blind Side (4)

Loved the story. I never once frowned at a character. I didn't ever think "What the hell?!". If you need a good inspirational tale with some beautifully executed, Sandra'd (new word) humour then check it out.

I’m not entirely convinced that Sandra Bullock deserved the Oscar for best actress for this but I did like her character. I did like the way she portrayed her character but I didn't feel like I was watching a 'performance of a life time', if you will.

I'm sure you all know the story. Leigh Anne (Sandra) is a well to do lady that 'has it all' but one day when picking her kids up from school she notices Michael Oher (Aka Big Mike, played by Quinton Aaron). This leads to her finding out he's homeless and one night decides to take him in. Her pure hospitality, love and sass leads to her fighting to keep this kid afloat and change his life forever, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

I found it inspirational, funny yet with a strong message. Definitely left an impression on me and wont be a movie I’ll soon forget.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...