Thursday, June 3, 2010

Choke (2)

An older film (2008) but such an amazing novel by Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) that I had to go back and check it out.

Very rated R as it's about a sex addict who is, well, crazy. And gross. And is in the AA for sex addicts. Strange characters. Even stranger scenes that had me going "What...the hell?!" a lot. Which could be a good or a bad thing, but for me it was in the negative context. I do enjoy Sam Rockwell, he has that look and that stance that really rounds the repulsiveness of the character but also makes you feel a bit sorry for him sometimes.

I will say that it had some interesting points of view and a story that was so weird that it kept my attention...mostly because I just wanted to see where it was headed. Gives you a few things to think about but didn’t really do much for me.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...