Monday, June 28, 2010

For Neda (3)

A documentary about Neda, the woman who was shot during the protests following the election in Iran in June 2009.

I will be honest here and admit that I had not heard about this story until I watched this movie. I was glad I did watch it. Mostly for the facts about Iran and the laws the women and people there have to follow that I was not aware of. Especially all the strict rules and laws for the women, which is what this movie really focuses on.

I know this will be awful to say because the story is moving and I do feel an emotional connection to Neda and the story but I was pretty bored. The images they showed were okay. The interviews could have been a lot better I feel and the movement between the scenes didn't really work for me. I think they could have formatted this a bit better. The best part (meaning the worst part) besides the information they give was all the live footage they found to put into this film. It's worth watching it just for that.

I've said it before but I'll restate that I think everyone should watch more documentaries, even the bad ones. They are never really bad because you always learn something new. Always.

I am glad I watched this but I was a little distracted and bored at some points by what they decided to show (even if that is horrible to say). Could have been way better in my opinion yet the information and some of the footage was horrifying and a must see/know.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...