Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Fourth Kind (3.8)

No movie has freaked me out like this since The Ring.

I was not expecting anything that was about to happen, I had no idea the story or that 'real' footage was added in (that always fcks with my head). I enjoyed the split Hollywood film/documentary style they used. Liked the use of split and quad screen with the recreated and 'real' footage. In the end, it made me think about a lot of things and feel the need to flick the light on a couple times that night.

Milla Jovovich gets on my nerves these days. I've never liked her, except for in the Fifth Element but that's mostly because the movie itself is awesome. I'm tired of her but I was too distracted by the story to really pay any attention to her character. All I do remember is some over acting and some unnecessary emotions being thrown around.

I don't want to tell you about the story because it's scarier if you don't know anything about it before you watch it. I will say that for me this time around it wasn't the characters that caught my attention it was the story. It was all about the story. Based on actual accounts in Alaska but then molded into this crazy story that you will not believe. It freaked me out and I liked that it did because I don't scare easily. A nice break from the slasher/girls-in-white-shirts-running-in-the-rain horror movies.

3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...