Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (4.5)

This movie has everything you are looking for and so much more. I was completely blown away for the entirety of this film. I was shocked and awed, disgusted and compelled, sad and angered.

Michael Nyqvist plays Mikael Blomkvist who is a journalist who is called onto a 40 year old murder case. Noomi Rapace plays Lisbeth Salander who is the girl with the dragon tattoo and who is disturbed but the best at what she does: hacks and researches. Through a series of events they join teams and you will not believe what they find together.


Story was...just...wow. Writing like this hurts my chest it's so good. Mind you the book is incredible but the screen play was NOT a let down. At all.

Michael was so good in this movie but completely invisible when Noomi entered the scene. That woman can ACT. A big thing for me is watching the eyes of an actor. You can tell if they believe it or not. She was so far into this role...man. I never once questioned her. Superb.

Thrill. Action. Drama. Humour. Horror. Scenes that will disgust you and make you want to vomit. Amazing story. Amazing acting. Chest heaving suspense and an ending that had me in tears.

Uhh, so, obviously you MUST see this movie. It's one of my new favourites for sure. Hands down. I want to give it a 5 but I found the beginning a little rough/slow but that's my only complaint. That is it.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...