Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine (3.5)

Alright. Took me while to get around to even wanting to watch this after some things I heard about it. I'm generally pretty picky about my comedy too.

All in all, I liked it. Honestly I did.

Not a single character really meant anything to me. Sorry John Cusack, Clarke Duke and others. I've liked you before but not this time around. The strange thing is that it didn't even matter. This is going to feel really weird for me to say but I'll just get it over with...

I liked the story.

I did. You all know the story by now I'm sure. I liked the whole 'second chance' thing. The going back in time. The comedy was pretty good too, nothing really corny (except the special effects on the hot tub) not even at the end. I actually liked the ending. That is rare. I legitimately liked the ending to this movie. I mean, it was no Oscar but it was good for a comedy. Also, the "no arm" guy. Hilarious.

I didn't laugh as much as I was hoping to but when I did I really meant it. Just a decent comedy. I say give it a chance!

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...