Friday, June 18, 2010

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2.5)

Okay. So. I actually have no idea how to 'sum' up the story for you. I'm still not sure what it really was about...there's this girl and some dream world that you get to through this theatre trailer that is owned by Doctor Parnassus and it moves around. Fighting for souls, good vs. evil, God vs. devil and Dr. Parnassus' minxy daughter.

Christopher Plummer plays Dr. Parnassus and it's hard to say what his character was really suppose to be about so I'll just say he was good. The dream world thing was pretty cool. Heath Ledger WAS and is the best part of this film. I did like how Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell did well playing his counter-part in the dream world. That bit was cool, how they changed. Tom Waits is in it...so, that adds some points for sure!

Okay, I'll lay it down. I can't say I liked this movie. It was like nothing I've ever seen before and it had my attention (mostly because of the over load of confusion). When the credits started rolling I just thought, "Ok, glad I saw that whatever it was but I wont be watching it again."

I didn’t really get it, but I feel like that was the point. It was all about just accepting the story and going along for the ride. Heath Ledger was fantastic and it’s worth a gander.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...