Saturday, June 19, 2010

Killers (3.5)

A nice night cap movie that you can sit back and enjoy. I liked it a lot more than I thought and laughed a lot more, which is always good.

Jen Kornfeild (Katherine Heigl) meets a dreamboat in Nice while on vacation. Spencer Aimes (Ashton Kutcher) seems like the perfect man and they marry quick but 3 years later Jen finds out who Spencer really is: a trained assassin. Suddenly everyone is trying to kill them and they struggle to find out who.

Best surprise was Tom Selleck (gotta love the moustache) as Jen's father and Catherine O'Hara who plays the mom is amazing as usual. I was plesently surprised by Mr. Kutcher in this movie. I really enjoyed him in this role. I've enjoyed Katherine Heigl more in some of her other movies but I think she did a good enough job on this film.

I suppose you could argue that this story has been done a million times and that the jokes weren't really laugh out loud funny (and considering it's a comedy that kinda stinks). I still had a good time. I liked the action and thought that Kutcher and Heigl were well matched. The ending was horrid though...no good. Could have just taken that out in my opinion.

A nice, mindless movie with a little action, some love and a great looking moustache.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...