Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Sister's Keeper (3)

Story about two sisters, Anna (Abigail Breslin) and Kate (Sofia Vassilieva). Kate gets Leukemia at a very young age and their parents decide to have a genetically mutated child that would be Kate's perfect match. Anna is born and since birth begins being a donor to her sister. Once Anna reaches 11 she about to be forced by her mother to give her kidney to Kate so she heads to a lawyer (Alec Baldwin) to get rights over her body. Enter a screwed up family: crazy ass mother (Cameron Diaz), a standing-in-the-shawdows dad (Jason Patric), a random brother (Evan Ellingson) who we never get to know, Kate who is dying and Anna who is being all Anna like.


First things first: why is their son wondering the streets at night? Is he doing drugs, is he sleeping around or does he just like sitting in the ghetto every night just to watch? What the hell! Also, I know we're suppose to hate Cameron's character but I'm not entirely sure what I felt towards her was all the writers fault. I wasn't feeling it. The dad was a majour let down. In fact, no one character really stood out except for Kate who played a cancer patient very well. High five. Abigail was pretty good as Anna, I've liked her better in some of her other movies (read: Little Miss Sunshine).

My favourite part of the whole movie was when Kate finds a boyfriend. I thought Thomas Dekker (who plays Taylor) had a wonderful yet small part in this film. That whole part of the movie was so strong. Sofia and Thomas really hit gold there. I was smiling all stupid the whole way through their scenes.

I don't have too many complaints about this film. I liked it but I didn't love it....but I'm not sure why. I guess it just was. I'm glad I finally got around to watching it, it's a touching and strong story but it just didn't light any emotional fireworks.

I do remember someone saying when it first came out that it was okay but if you don't cry by the end of the movie you have no heart. Don't get me wrong, I had a frown but no tears.
Ooops. Guess I'm heartless. *shrug*

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...