Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Prince of Persia (4.5)

Let me start out by saying that I haven't read any other movie reviews about this movie because all I've heard is people bashing it and what not. Also, I have played the video game and I think that makes a big difference.

Throughout the movie, especially within the first 45 minutes, a lot of scenes were exactly like the video game. So much that I would hit the arm of my friend and say "Oh man, that's exactly like the game!" and bounce in my seat in excitement. She soon after told me to shut up because I said it so much.

Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect choice. Not only did he look exactly like the original character, but once the wardrobe was on and the music was going it was scary close to the game.

So enough about the game (which is awesome).

A few things that bugged me: The English accents. Just...why. It's Persia. It's like every time Disney decides to do anything 'historical' they have to make it British. *shrug*
Also, not gonna lie, I have nothing against Gemma Arterton but sometimes her character got a little annoying. Not entirely sure it was her fault though so I'll leave it at that.

One thing I've heard is people wanted it more gory and 'sexy'. My first remark is "Did you SEE Jake?!?!" Hubba-hubba. My second remarks is "It's Disney people!". I think it had a very Pirates of the Caribbean feel to it. I like it, I'm sure 8 year olds like it and my Aunt who's 50 loved it. Something should be said for that. Okay...yes, yes, we could go back to talking about the game but lets not.

Think I've rambled enough. I do best with short and sweet.

I loved Jake Gyllenhaal in the movie. The action was amazing and exciting. I enjoy the story but the characters could have been a little stronger in the film. I felt like I had gone along on the adventure and when the movie was over I had a big grin and felt like I could take on the world. If a movie can inspire, motivate or just make you smile I think it did its job. Also...ostriches. What else do you need?

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...