Friday, June 4, 2010

The Runaways (3.5)

The true story of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Loved it. Anyone who likes a good music movie/documentary will most likely enjoy this. Also if you like punk/rock music at all you should really check it out. A really real and honest story about accomplishing your dreams but then trying to stay afloat once you get there.

Seemed a little all over the place at times, the "Where are they taking us?" feel came and went. I think that was a directors/writers choice though, so I went with it. The story was easy to follow, even with a few short and (in my opinion) unnecessary scenes. I did like how it was about the characters though. It brought the story down to a more personal level and made it very relatable and real to me.

Dakota is the bomb, look out for her! She stole this film for sure. Kristen Stewart did me proud, she’s a badass chick. She really fell head first into this roll and knocked it dead. All the actors sang, played and rocked out. Very well done on their part.

I left the theatre with a grin on my face and with an urge to buy a black leather jacket.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...