Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Unthinkable (3.5)

I love my Samuel L. Jackson. I also enjoy Carrie-Anne Moss (most noted as Trinity from The Matrix).

I wont lie, I love action movies, but I am generally tired of the government conspiracy-esque movies. Especially if they deal with terrorists. This movie was a little bit different. It took a different angle which made it more than bearable for me to get through.

Samuel L. Jackson nailed it. I know he's been letting his cult-iness (ya, that's a new word) get in his way of actually having to really act but this movie shows us that yes, the great Samuel has still got it. He freaked me out actually. I never knew if he was two faced or not or when he was joking around. Now that I think about it, the last scene...still don't know if he would have or not. What you may ask? Well, I wont tell, because I don't believe in spoilers.

Carrie-Anne Moss also nailed the sexy women in control role (look at me rhyming there!) and was super believable. Almost too believable now that I think back, as I never once thought "Wow, Carrie is fantastic". Nice.

Super short explanation:

A terrorist sends in a tape saying there are 3 nuclear bombs placed anonymously across the USA that will go off in 3 days. After a scramble they find the guy but he wont talk. Enter Samuel L Jackson who plays the man who is allowed to do anything in his power to get the answers from this guy. Carrie-Anne Moss's character is a little more liberal and by the books and struggles with the "can you kill one to save a thousand" problem.

Sounds lame and boring? Well it's not. At least I didn't think so. Some of the scenes are almost too much to take. But it makes you think, how far would you go?

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...