Sunday, June 27, 2010

Valentine's day (3.8)

Liked this movie waaay more than I thought I would. I thought it was going to be really painful and annoying but I had to give it a shot. Yet, it surprised me. Only some of the characters did nothing for me while everyone else's story had me glued to the screen.

It's about Valentine's Day. That's the story. It's a story within a story within a story within a...and I love it when they do that! Every character is connected some way or another to one another. Some of those are shocking (mostly those revealed near the last 30 minutes of the movie) and some you expected but it was still good to see.

Favourite parts/people/stories: Ashton Kutcher was the best part for me (man, I'm lovin' him these days. Weird), Anne Hathaway (always loved her, she cannot do wrong), I actually liked Jennifer Garner in this movie (which usually isn't the case), Bradley Cooper (so good, I'm starting to really like what he does!) and even Julia Roberts has a little something something.

Amazing cast...I mean, everyone is in it. EVERYONE.

Bad parts: Jamie Foxx (Just...no...), Jessica Bile oh I mean Biel (I liked her more in this movie than any other movie she has done though), Jessica Alba (suiting she plays a bitch) and Taylor Swift. Just, why? Brutal.

But the other people made up for what the bad guys were lacking.

If you like chick flicks you will like this film. It's like a million chick flicks in one movie and some of the characters will make you laugh, sigh and tear up.

Cannot decide between 3.5 or 4. I mean, I loved some of these stories and was laughing quite a bit but then sometimes...

3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...