Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Despicable Me (2.5)

About a man who spends his life being evil and one day he meets three orphan girls who he realizes he needs their help to carry out his biggest plan yet: to steal the moon. He adopts them and they begin living with him and slowly he begins to change. Will he be able to carry out his plan and stay on track or will these three girls change his heart and his life forever?

I didn't really find this movie funny at all. There were a couple chuckles and a few giggles but that was about it. I guess I just didn't feel anything towards any character. I did like the little alien type guys, they were cute. I don't know. The story didn't really do anything for me. And if the story isn't backed up by some connectable character than I get bored.

I was bored for the first half of the movie. I wonder if kids were too or if it's just me? I was curious to see what would happen so I kept watching and the last 30 minutes were pretty good. Corny ending though...a little painful. Best part was the kitten book, that's all I'll say about that.

Steve Carell did the voice of the main character but you wouldn't be able to tell. He did an amazing job there, really! I wouldn't have been able to tell you it was him if I hadn't already known.

*shrug* Just didn't do it for me but I'm glad I watched it, it had some good scenes. I'd wait for the DVD.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...