Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grown Ups (3)

The newest Happy Madison/Adam Sandler project.

About 5 friends that were together since elementary school and stayed connected via their love of their basketball coach. His funeral 30 years later brings them together again and they decide to try and make the coach proud by spending time with each other and their own families.

I've always liked Adam Sandler. There are a few of his films that I don't like (ex. Little Nicky) but generally I love what he does. I enjoyed this movie, until the last 30-40 minutes. It was painful after that. I'm not sure what even happened there...suddenly it seemed like an entirely different and awful film. Maybe the writers got lazy or maybe that's what happens when you try to fit two plots into one movie and then tuck another group of characters in at the very end. Strange. Didn't work for me.

Adam Sandler is awesome. I'm really glad that Kevin James has joined the Happy Madison team, he was a nice addition to this movie. Chris Rock we way less annoying than he usually is. David Spade and Rob Schneider were my least favourite...I don't think I'd be upset if they didn't do any more movies. Just saying.

I liked the comedy. It was very one liner all over the place but in a good way. Basically everyone was making fun of each other and it's hilarious. I was laughing pretty hard in some scenes. The granny and some of the other characters were not funny and I wish they had cut back on some of the unnecessary, sideline characters. Of course some of the scenes were awful, but that's how it works.

I really enjoyed myself, like I said, until the last 30 minutes of the movie. I did not like that part at all. The comedy was good and it was fun. If you're not a big comedy go-er or Adam Sandler lover I'm sure you'll hate your life.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...