Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Invention of Lying (1)

My tagline for this film would have been "This shouldn't have BEEN invented". Honestly the WORST movie I've seen in a looong time. I would give The Back-up Plan 5 stars next to this movie. I honestly had a big fat 0 in the rating up top until I realized that there were a lot of great comedians/actors in this film and that's the only reason it gets that 1.

Some guy who lives in some honest society suddenly realizes he can lie and uses that to become rich and try to get the girl he loves.

This movie was offensive to me. And not me the women or me the 'young' adult or me as any title but just towards me. It offended me because so many amazing films don't make it to the screen yet this movie probably made profit. It is not a comedy. The only time I laughed was due to frustration because I couldn't actually believe how bad it was. And not "bad good" but just bad. Didn't laugh once. Maybe I could claim 2 chuckles but that was it. At one point I looked at my friend and said, "If I hadn't of already invested an hour in this crap I would turn it off".

It went on and on and on and on....
I felt like this movie was 6 hours long. I had just watched 2012 the night before and I would have rather watched that film 10 times before giving this one a chance. So bad.

The main story line doesn't even make sense. It's not about people 'not lying' but just expressing themselves. That was it. Also the whole fact that he was tricking some girl into loving him and stealing money from people was not funny. That is not funny at all. I'd rather see a dog take a poop.

I just. I can't say anymore. The only thing that made it worse was that some amazing faces showed up here and there. Some of my favourite actors had little scenes and I was embarrassed that they were a part of this.

Ricky Gervais...I liked you in Extras but stick to TV....or....take up cooking. Not a fan of Jennifer Garner. I just...it makes me sad.

I wish I had watched Obsessed. I at least laughed during that film...

1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...