Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Salt (3)

I'm sure you've seen the posters/trailer for this by now. Another badass action chick flick starring Angelina. She's a CIA agent who gets framed for being a Russian spy and once she finds out her husband has been taken she escapes capture and begins the search for him. But who is behind it and what is the bigger plan?

When the first turn in the story came my brain thought of a million different ways the story could go. I was excited to see which one of these they would choose. Is she good, bad, was she tricked or is she tricking everyone. Is it her husband, boss, co-workers or someone unrelated and so on. Then they choose the obvious road. The one so obvious I didn't even guess that they would go that way. Which, to be honest, sucked. I was let down. This story could have been so much better with more twists and turns but instead it was the most linear plot line for an action/thriller I have seen in awhile. Lame.

The action was good though. That whole first escape scene was killer (heh, puns). There were a lot of cool sequences that had me glued to the screen.

I haven't been a fan of Angelina Jolie since, well, Gone in 60 Seconds. Except for Wanted, but she was the same character in that movie than she is in every other movie. Stone cold, death glare and an angry "Ima shoot you!" face. This movie did one thing though: it made me except that about her. Yes, she plays the same character in almost every movie. Not much change, especially physically (hair colour does not count), but that's her thing. I just want her to show me that she can act like way back in the days of Girl Interrupted. I just want a reason to like her again.

I love Liev Schreiber. I don't know what it is. I always love watching him. This film was no exception.

The ending was meh. I felt like it was super obvious once the already obvious part was...well, obvious. I wasn't shocked or anything I just thought "Well, duh!". The very ending ending was lame though. I pray to the movie Gods that there is no sequel. Pretty please.

Good action. Okay story. Decent acting skills. A classic summer blockbuster.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...