Saturday, July 31, 2010

Surrogates (3.5)

A science fiction movie about the 'not so far away' future when technology becomes humanity. A man creates surrogates, robots which people live through therefore creating greater equality and ends the woes of mortality. But at what cost? Is it right give up your life to live longer or to live through someone else? When is it too much? One person believes that it is and begins to kill the unkillable.

Bruce Willis who plays the main character Tom Greer was the classic Bruce Willis. Love him. The one person who has chosen action flicks as his thing but still believes acting is important (or at least semi-important). Love the Bruce. Radha Mitchell plays Peters, Tom Greers partner and she was pretty good. Rosamund Pike plays Greers wife and I've missed her in movies. Really like watching her on screen, not sure why.

If you don't like science fiction movies than I'm sure you rolled your eyes at this movie when the trailers started to show. I will be honest, I rolled my eyes too. They made it look really computer graphic'd and lame so I refused to watch it. I love a good science fiction film because they make you think outside the box. Make you think of what you believe in. Surrogates did that for me. Really, when has technology replaced life itself? When can we say "this is enough" and who would stop it?

It wasn't cheesy at all in my opinion. Yes, the story wasn't particularly strong via random side stories and characters that don't go anywhere. The action was decent and I was thoroughly interested for the whole thing. The movie seemed a bit short actually which means I was entertained. Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis, 'nough said there.

I guess I shouldn't have rolled my eyes. I'm glad I finally watched it. Sort of a mix between AI, Gattaca and I, Robot.

What I'm saying is that it was a surprisingly good science fiction flick. Check it out if you like this kind of stuff, otherwise I'm sure you'll disagree with me.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...