Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Brothers Bloom (4)

About two brothers, Bloom and Stephen, who are the best con artists in the world. Bloom (Adrien Brody) is a bit softer at heart than Stephen (Mark Ruffalo) who is the master mind behind all their greatest cons. Bloom tries to leave it all behind but Stephen talks him into one last con. The only thing Bloom needs to do is to not fall in love with the girl, Penelope (Rachel Weisz). Is it true that the greatest con is one when everyone gets what they want?

I don't even remember how I came across this movie. I do remember seeing trailers for it awhile back but then it sort of disappeared which is really too bad because this film is awesome!

First off, what an amazing cast! I've always loved Rachel Weisz, Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo. They were fantastic together but definitely held their own too. There was always something strangely attractive about Mr. Brody, still can't figure out what that is. Rachel Weisz has been one of my top 5 favourite actresses for a looong time. And Mr. Ruffalo always surprises me with his roles. Fantastic. Even Robbie Coltrane had a small part, who I also enjoy. A mini cameo by my future husband Joseph Gordan-Levitt also snuck it's way in. Wonderful two second surprise. ;)

The writing was just as amazing as the performances (if not better). I thoroughly enjoyed this entire movie. All the perfectly crafted cons and the depth of each character was awesome. The action and comedy was also well done. It was just a well rounded film. Lots of good points were made that had me thinking pretty hard and that's always a treat when a movie does that.

I laughed, I sighed, I cried and I cheered. What an amazing film! Check this out for sure. It will totally surprise you.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...