Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dinner for Schmucks (3.5)

I was so hesitant to watch this movie because I was scared that it was going to suck and then some of my favourite comedians will suffer for it. I am so glad I watched it.

About Tim (Paul Rudd) who is one step away from his dream promotion. There is one condition: he must find an idiot and bring him to dinner at his boss's house. Enter Barry (Steve Carell) who specializes in taxidermy mice. Through many series of unfortunately events Tim's life begins to fall apart and by the time the dinner rolls around he is sure his life is all but over. Will Barry ruin him forever or save him from himself?

Steve Carell was FANTASTIC in this movie. Oh boy how I laughed and laughed. The whole mouse thing had me on the floor! Who ever came up with that idea is a damn genius. I just...even thinking about it now I'm laughing out loud. Like, come on, little mice dressed as humans in still scenes (like the Last Super). Amazing.

Paul Rudd was enjoyable as always. The few scenes with Jemaine Clement and Zach Galifianakis were precious. So funny.

Sure this movie is ridiculous and just all around silly but it's a great summer comedy. A few things were a little too weird to actually laugh at but that's the way it goes. I'm sure other people laughed at what I didn't and vice versa. The story is actually bearable and the main characters are pretty great. Some of the scenes are almost too much they are so hilarious.

Thank you Mr. Carell for filling another night with laughter. <3

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...