Sunday, August 22, 2010

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (3.5)

An older (2003) rom com that I finally got around to seeing.

Andie, a magazine writer for the "how to" columns of her women's magazine, takes on a bet that she can lose a guy in 10 days by doing all the no-no's women do in a relationship. Ben works in advertising and in order to score a big deal with his company he is challenged into making a random women fall in love with him in 10 days. You know the rest...

I will say that the story was far more interesting than I thought. I honestly enjoyed the characters too (which is weird to say for these type of films). The story was nothing deep nor mind bending but it had an extra layer that rom coms usually look over which made this love tale a little bit more realistic. Except I would never take a dare to date someone in order to get up in the world...but you follow my drift.

I enjoyed watching Matthew McConaughey play Ben the dreamboat. That ego smirk and nice body served him well in this role. I'm sure not a lot of acting was required for him in this role but he still fit it well so I give him a pat on the back. Kate Hudson who played Andie who was really fun to watch and definitely delivered on the comedy front. She was 80% of the Comedy in this rom com. I can't say I've ever particularly liked her but at least I enjoyed her this time around.

Classic romantic comedy that will have you grinning like a fool, awing at the love and tearing up near the end. Basically, it's all you could ask for but will better than expected characters, story and comedy. Some scenes had me laughing pretty damn hard.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...