Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Other Guys (2)

Two down and out cops are the laughing stalk of their department. One day the two best cops die a ridiculous death and their jobs are open. It's time to see who will take their spots. The other guys begin working on a potentially ground breaking case but no one will believe them. They begin to lose everything trying to solve the case, including themselves. Will they be able to stand up and show everyone what they're worth in time to solve the case?

I haven't been a fan of Will Ferrell since before Anchorman but in this movie I preferred him more than anyone else. Not saying I really enjoyed him but he definitely made this movie slightly comical. Mark Wahlberg was a major let down in my opinion. I honestly could have cared less if he was in this film or not.

I was expecting this great action/comedy summer flick but all I got was an okay story some ridiculous characters (along side some pretty bad acting) and boredom. I was bored. I laughed maybe 4 or 5 times and it was usually because of what some random character said or did.

There were so many action scenes that had potential but then nothing happened. A little car chase, some shooting and a helicopter does not mean a movie is an action film. It was not. It wasn't a comedy either...so what was it?

It was a attempt at making a summer blockbuster. I mean, it wasn't awful but it wasn't anything special either. I was really looking forward to watching this but feel like I should have stuck to watching Star Wars: A New Hope for the 50th time instead.

Best part was the all too short but so sweet part that Samuel L Jackson and Dwayne Johnson played.

Watch it if you want to. Maybe you'll like it.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...