Monday, August 9, 2010

Repo Men (3)

Starring Jude Law and Forest Whitaker.

Taking place in the not so distant future where people begin getting computerized, robotic organs and other body parts to live longer, happier lives. The only danger is if you don't pay your bill on time. Then, just like a car, the Repo Men come and take back what you owe. One of the best Repo Men in the industry, Remy (Jude Law) suffers an accident on the job and ends up needing a replacement heart. His partner Jake (Forest Whitaker) tries to force him back into the game but Remy can't do it anymore. These people have families and names....but so does he. All to soon his time to pay is up and so is his life.

This wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be. I wouldn't say it was better or worse but just not what I was expecting. I will say that it had me covering my face with a pillow way too much. Too much cutting open, surgery and the like for me. I love gore but only when it seems fictional. Operations are not fun for me. Ewww. Especially that one scene near the end, I thought I was going to vomit. A little too much there.

Jude Law wasn't the best in this film and neither was Mr. Whitaker either which was a let down. In fact, not one performance was very strong. The story was decent though. Mostly. There were a lot of confusion on my part as to why certain things were happening without explanation but I tried to put that aside.

This was another futuristic Science Fiction-esque movie that made a few good points but ultimately wanted to entertain.

Still don't know how I feel about the ending. I guess I liked the one they decided on better than the way it was going before the 'twist'. It's just such a lame, over done way to end a film that they had no idea how to end.

It was okay. A few scenes and a bunch of one liners were laughable but they tried and some of the shots had me cringing. Decent.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...