Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Tale of Despereaux (4)

A great children's movie about the mouse that could, Despereaux, an unlikely hero who attempts to save the village he lives in. The kingdom of Dor was known for it's soup. One year on the annual unveiling of the next soup invention an unfortunate rat ends up in the queens soup. She dies of shock and the king bans rats and soup from the kingdom. Enter Despereaux with a heart of gold who's big heart may just be big enough to save the entire kingdom.

If I were even 10 years younger this would be my favourite movie for sure. That being said it was also one of the most cute, fun adventure movies I've ever seen. I had a great time watching this movie. It would be great for children as it has realistic characters and Despereaux is the cutest little mouse ever.

Story was good. Good, fun characters. It was different from any kids movie I've seen too which was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the narration. Sometimes I found it really annoying. I know it's to help kids follow the story but for me I felt it was unnecessary most of the time.

Might be a little scary for really young children as the rats in it were pretty frightening but nothing too bad. It's a nice, light movie for adults too. I was glued to the screen the whole film.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...