Monday, August 2, 2010

Vicky Christina Barcelona (1.5)

Two friends go to Barcelona for a summer and meet a Spanish painter at a party who ends up convincing them to go on a weekend trip with him. The one women is about to get married while the other is still searching for what love means to her. The painter is about to show them what they had both been missing.

This movie was directed by the one and only Woody Allen, which when you read that it seems impressive but then you watch this movie and...

It was one of the most boring movies I have ever watched. I almost stopped watching it because it felt like nothing was ever going to happen. Then when it did it was so small that I swear this movie never once had a climax.

Rebecca Hall plays Vicky, Scarlett Johansson plays Christina, Penelope Cruz plays a crazy ex wife and Javier Bardem, plays the painter. Not a fan of anyone but Mr. Bardem who was also fantastic in No Country for Old Men and Before Night Falls. Even his performance was a bit meh in this one. I have never been a fan of Scarlett or Penelope and I don't like or dislike either of them more or less having watched this film.

I don't know. I could have definitely lived my life without having seen this film. And that narration made me cringe. Hated that stupid narration that didn't need to be there. Sometimes it makes a movie better but in this case not at all. Ending was not impressive. I did like that it was in Barcelona which is a beautiful city. Other than that...

Meh.

1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...