Sunday, September 26, 2010

Devil (2.5)

A person commits suicide the same morning that five seemingly random people get stuck in an elevator and begin getting on each others nerves. Then the lights go out and someone is dead by the time they come back on. The killer is never who you think it should be...

The acting in this is something awful. Okay, well, not everyone in the film but pretty much. I know that I shouldn't really be looking for anything Oscar worthy in horror films but I can't help but want good actors to be acting in the films I watch. Regardless of genre. *sigh*

I will say that the suspense was really good. Without that this whole movie would have really sucked. The story wasn't all that strong...I mean, there really wasn't a story just a core plot that the film revolves around. You don't get the know any of the characters so you don't care all that much when they start dropping dead (as awful as that may sound, it's true).

Good suspense though. I found myself clenching my fists a few times without knowing it. The whole lights thing going out is sort of over done but I enjoyed the flicker previous to the black outs. That let you pay extra attention to the screen as you are forcing yourself to see what's going on.

It was a general horror film. If you like horror than you wont be overly disappointed but other than that I'd say this movie is passable.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...