Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire (4)

The sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

These films are amazing. I did like the first one more, it was darker and the characters and story were completely new to me at that time, so it rocked me into space. That being said, this is one of the few occurrences when the sequel to an amazing film can hold its own. This movie was awesome.

I really liked how it just jumps right back in to the story from the end of the last one. I hate when a good 30 minute chunk of sequels are spent catching the viewer up on things they already knew (and if they didn't see the first one then they should have so too bad for them).

Noomi Rapace who plays Lisbeth is one of the best actresses out there right now. I have no idea how she does it but I'm so so so glad she does. I think I might have a girl crush on her from these films...stunning. Just, everything, awesome. I wish I was that cool.

Michael Nyqvist didn't impress me as much in this movie than in the first but I think that's just because he wasn't in it as much as the last one. Either way, he held his own but I felt something was missing this time with his character...

Great story. Great Characters. Great greatness.

If you liked the first you'll like this film. If you haven't seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo then shame on you, go watch it, then watch this movie because you'll love it.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...