Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hereafter (3.5)




A psychic tries to hide from his gift and attempts to live a normal life. A woman dies in a tsunami and goes to the after life but is brought back to life yet cannot escape the images she saw. A boy loses his twin brother and cannot cope with the lose. One day their lives will collide, but why?

I was looking forward to this film. I was excited to see Hollywood trying to make a paranormal movie like this one. Any other non-horror film, especially concerning psychics, is laugh worthy. You cannot take them seriously. The image of the short lady in the Poltergeist films or some random person with frizzy hair, weird eyes and a cat comes to mind. I had my hopes up that they would have a more realistic portrayal of that side of the paranormal.

The film didn't quite match my expectations but that being said I definitely didn't hate it. I enjoyed watching this film. The story was really good but they didn't get deep enough into it for some reason. They kept going from character to their stories and back again so much that they only skimmed the surface of what this films full potential should have been. I felt that the script should have been looked over 2 or 3 more times before they filmed it.

Matt Damon was good in this movie. I liked seeing him play a non-action movie role. He didn't blow my mind or anything but he was still good. Thumbs up.

I was really hoping that they would show a little more about what it is like living as a psychic. They touched base on it but never went into details. Matt Damon's character was essential to this film but I felt like I never got to know him. I wanted and needed to get more from him to feel connected to him. To feel bad when he was suffering. I didn't get that at all and it wasn't his fault.

The story had more potential than they gave it but it was still good. I enjoyed watching this. A little boring at times and the ending is awful, but I'm still glad I went to see it. The ending had too much cheese for me. Especially after having the bare minimum amount of cheese up until the ending. Crappy. I need movies to start and end strong.

Didn't hate it, didn't lose my pants over it, but glad I saw it.

3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. I saw this movie with her. I was happy to see that her pants stayed on

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...