Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life as We Know It (2.5)

Man, I had already forgotten what the movie was called. I guess that's a bad intro to my review for it...

Girl with a plan. Guy who's plan is to be a manslut. Enter baby. End.

The new romcom that in my opinion isn't very romantic or filled with laughs so I think it should really be dubbed the possibleharshlovedrama. Ya, that works better.

As a 'romcom' it was about as general as they come. You know the ending, you know the characters. The main story twist I didn't really see coming but that's because I knew nothing about the movie before going in to see it but I'm sure if I had watched the trailer than nothing would have been a surprise. Also, it happens pretty much right away so, yeah. Story in general...meh. I mean, it's better than a lot of the other romcoms floating around out there but still. Average, meh-worthy tale.

Why do I give it a 2.5/5 then? Here is why: There were some scenes that I found myself grinning like an idiot so they had me there with some cute baby stuff and a few good scenes. Katherine Heigl you've done it again. I just can't hate you, even when I look forward to not liking you, I also walk away satisfied. Creepy. You're good girl. Josh Duhamel was pretty good looking. That was a plus.

I just didn't believe them together. They didn't fit so no matter how hard they tried to make me believe it as actors I still couldn't. They seemed like buds the whole time. Strange.

Stop with the close-close-close up make-out scenes without music. I don't need to see, hear and feel when they make out. Gross. Just gross.

My one friend hated it. The other felt about the same way I did. Wasn't awful but wasn't really worth going to the theatre to see.

I doubt anyone will watch this in 5 years.

3/5

1 comment:

  1. are you serious? this was an amazing movie ! okay, it was not the greatest, but it was SO funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...