Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Red (3.5)

The new action flick with a stellar old school cast: Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren.

About a group of retired CIA coming together to solve one final case: who is trying to kill them and why?

Bruce. Dear, dear Bruce. Why is it that you must rock so? You kick ass dude! The best fight scenes were with you. Some of the moves were mind blowing awesomeness. Ace. Just, fight five sir. I just want to have a Scotch with you...

Morgan Freeman. Always a delight. Love your stuff. John Malkovich. Thank you for not sucking and actually surprising the hell out of me. I really enjoyed you in this film, which is way more than I can say for some of your more recent film/character choices. Helen Mirren. You're a class act. Beautiful, especially with an automatic in your hand. Whew. I hope I'm as cool as you one day.

I really liked Karl Urban in this film too. I lost track of him over the last few years but this movie made me pay attention again. Look forward to what he has coming up next.

Action was awesome. Some really funny scenes too. The flow of this film was just right and some of the sequences were perfect. Not a half bad story but nothing that will blow you away either. Go for the action. There were some one-on-one hang to hand fight scenes that had me jumping out of my seat. Literally. Quite embarrassing yet epic.

Plus. Come on. Bruce Willis. 'Nough said...

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...