Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Social Network (4)

The facebook movie.

I am not a fan of facebook. I have it and use it but it doesn't make me happy anymore. So I guess it's easy to say I wasn't looking forward to this film. Actually, I had planned to never see it because I didn't think it would be interesting to me at all and would ultimately suck.

...I was wrong.

This time it feels so good to be wrong.

This movie had everything I was looking for.

I loved Jesse Eisenberg who played Mark. He nailed it. I was and still am super impressed. I liked him before in Zombieland and Adventureland as well (weird, I never made that connection before) but this role, for me, solidified his awesomeness. It is easy to say I am an avid fan now. Double, spinning high fives. Jesse made this film.

The movie started out so perfectly. I was impressed with how they set this film up. Right from the first sentence I was hooked onto every work Mark said and was instantly along for the ride. The amazing soundtrack definitely helped too.

The story itself that I didn't really know too much about was instantly fascinating. It really sucked me in and kept me there the entire time. Even when the legal mumble started happening I was following every word and was really emotionally tied to the characters.

I don't know if I liked how it ended but I'm not entirely disappointed. The pace was set and flowed perfectly up until the last 15 or 20 minutes. I think they did that on purpose though, sort of mirroring his life. It started fast and picked up but then dropped right back down.

Joseph Mazzello who played Mark's friend Dustin was good. He wasn't in much of this movie but I couldn't not look at him when he'd enter a scene. Don't know why. Okay, okay. He's the Jurassic Park kid but I'd really like to see him star in a major, leading role sometime soon. He drew my attention right away so it must be for a reason... *shrug*

Justin Timberlake. Don't make me go liking you now...you're so close. So close. You're a funny chap but this almost sold me on you. Interested to see what you have in store.

Great acting. Great story. Amazing writing.

It's great. See it.

4/5

2 comments:

  1. Mazzello was in The Pacific, the Spielberg-Hanks produced HBO miniseries. Worth a watch if you like JM.

    - Murph out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure was which was an amazing min-series that, don't tell anyone, I liked better than Band of Brothers.

    He rocks. I like. I like you too. ;)

    -Shazzer out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...