Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (4.5)




The epic story continues as Harry, Hermione and Ron begin the search for the Horcruxes. In a race against Voldermort's rapidly increasing army, Harry and all wizards must begin to make sacrifices, take life or death chances and in some cases walk away from those they love. The discovery of an old legend may change the outcome for both sides: the Deathly Hallows.

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I've grown up with these characters so I feel an extra intense connection to everyone and everything. The nerd in me secretly believes there is a Hogwarts and that in an alternate reality I'm dating Harry Potter, but that's a whole other discussion...

I am one of those people who was glad when they announce it would be in two parts. The book covered so much, not only action and plot wise, but so much character development and interaction takes place, especially within the first half of the novel. Therefore, I knew this wasn't going to be a fast action and rapid paced film so the conversations were all the more delicious.

All actors involved have been absorbed into this world completely and you can see how intense their connections of their characters are. The most beautiful scenes were ones filled with behind-the-back faces and quick looks to one another. Of built up tension and a truly believable past between all characters...awesome.

An interesting note, at least for me, was I found myself paying more attention to Rupert (Ron) a lot more than in any other movie. I'm not sure why but he seems to really be blossoming as an actor these days and I look forward to seeing what he does next.

Dan(Harry) no shirt was a plus too. Heh...classic awkward emotional talking though. Classic.

And actually Emma (Hermione) was the least amount of annoying since the beginning of time so that was good for me too. Definite plus!

When the action started to happen though I was on the edge of my seat. Or bunched into a seat ball in anxiety. It was all really well done. The directing and script AND score were all so amazing. So amazing.

Only down side was that some of the scenes dragged on a little too long. They weren't boring, no, no, not at all. But they did need to have a more even pace when it came to scene changes and flow. It was so minor though that it didn't even matter.

Best moments: The dance scene, when the Horcrux opens, the end (obviously) and over all DOBBY!! *sigh*

Loved it. Cannot wait for the next one, it is going to rock me to the core. I liked where they ended it. I was worried about that but they picked the perfect spot. Hat tip for that!

Sit back. Enjoy the characters, get to know them even more and love the interactions that take place. Don't mistake carefully thought out dialogue/conversations for bad edits or whatnot and get bored. Just listen and you'll get how every word spoken is important.

Loved it!!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...