Monday, November 29, 2010

Miss Potter (4)




"The story of Beatrix Potter, the author of the beloved and best-selling children's book, "The Tale of Peter Rabbit", and her struggle for love, happiness and success."

How magical is this?! Two of my all time favourite actors, Renée Zellweger and Ewan McGregor, together. Fantastic. And if that isn't reason enough to watch this film than the story of one of the most cherished children's authors should convince you.

I, and I'm sure almost everyone, grew up with Miss Potter's books. They were my favourite when I was growing up. The whole time I was watching this movie I felt a strange connection to Beatrix. There were some similarities between her and I, or at least the ones Renée portrayed, and that brought me extremely close to the whole story. I love this character. I love Renée Zellweger. Perfection.

Ewan as always was amazing. That man...I swear he can do no wrong. Even if the movie he is in are less than impressive, he is always the best part and ultimately makes his characters and the movies whole. This was no exception. Loved him as Norman. So cute...

Story is brilliant and written so well. I was surprised by the end of it how smooth the whole movie was. Each scene seemed natural and each jump in the story was bang on. Really no complaints there at all. I liked how it's sort of a romantic movie but not really. It never dives into the gushy stuff or embellish on any of the relationships. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it felt very natural.

Some slower parts but nothing really noticeable. Also, it's basically a biography, and like in real life things go up and down. Not sure if I like the ending or not but it wasn't crucial to the film. They did get tears though, which is rare for me when watching movies. High five to that.

Great acting. Beautiful and emotional story. Really great film all around. I will definitely be watching this again soon.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...