Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tangled (4)




Revisiting the classic Rapunzel tale but with a new twist. A bandit steals a crown and while running away from the guards stumbles upon a mysterious tower. He climbs up and goes inside to hide from the guards only to be greeted by Rapunzel. Through a serious of events Flynn, the bandit, comes Rapunzel's guide as they work towards the city for the lantern festival. It turns out that everything is more complicated and more deceiving than anyone ever guessed.

I rolled my eyes when I say the first trailers for this movie awhile back. I'm not sure why, I've always been a fan of Disney, but this story was never one that did anything for me. So I sighed and mumbled about it but I was in the mood for a Disney flick tonight and this one was rumoured to be good. It was, it was a classic Disney movie.

I loved the story. I loved all the characters and even some of the lesser seen ones. Some of the side characters that were thrown in were my favourite, so random and so weird. I really liked this movie for that, so many great characters. Can I say characters again...

Mandy Moore as Rapunzel was actually amazing. I don't know why she disappeared but I'm glad she's back. Good songs, good job. Her with Zachary Levi (never heard of him before but he's dreamy) was awesome. It seemed that they fit together well.

Rapunzel's little cameleon guy was awesome. The horse was amazing! So hilarious.

Surprisingly enough there was a lack of face palm/sigh-cause-that-was-awful moments for me. I usually suffer a lot more of those when watching the new Disney. Not so much this time. Awesome.

Liked this way more than I ever thought I could. Super fun. Great story and characters. Hilariousness but by the end I had tears in my eyes. Classic, golden Disney movie. See it.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...