Saturday, November 6, 2010

Zach Galifianakis: Live at the Purple Onion (5)




2006 live taping at the Purple Onion in San Francisco. This was back in the day when very few people, myself included, knew who this guy was and how fcking hilarious he is!

This is my new favourite stand-up since Robin Williams Live on Broadway. The thing with Zach that I love and cannot help but laugh constantly to are all his one liners. He's the king of one liners. Some comedians build this story or talk about one specific topic and throw in punch lines here and there. I like that sometimes but comedy for me needs to be more spontaneous, a little more random than a funny story.

He nails it. Every time. I mean, there really is NO way you can tell what he will say next which had me listening even harder and laughing even louder. Just...ridiculous. I'm laughing as I type this...

His face alone. His facial reactions and expressions are what get me the most. I cannot look at that guy anymore without chucking. Even a picture of him makes me smile. Hilarious. Just, fantastic.

I also liked how they broke away from his routine to show you a mock interview with his 'twin brother' Seth or his road trip to San Fran with his friend. Not as funny as the stand up for me but still hilarious. *head shake* So good.

Watch this movie if you need a good laugh. I give you a 100% laughter guarantee.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...