Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Bounty Hunter (3)




A bounty hunter gets the assignment of his dreams: to find his ex-wife and bring her to jail. The only problem is he is wanted for gambling money and she is wanted for sticking her reported nose into a corrupt suicide case and they both need to make it to the courthouse on time. There's nothing wrong with one last adventure together, until you're fighting for your lives instead of fighting over who is to blame for ruining the relationship.

I'm not sure what it is but no matter how bad, I cannot help but like every single Gerard Butler film. I mean, I have never liked Jennifer Aniston (settle down Friends fans) but it didn't seem to matter because Butler was there. I mean, he isn't even all that attractive so it must be something about his personality that draws me in. Who knows, it's a mystery, but I enjoyed this film.

When you put aside the hilarious obviousness that is the plot you can really sit back and enjoy the ride. This movie was fun and should not be taken seriously. Mind you, I didn't laugh as much as I wanted to or could have but it was still enjoyable.

The action is shrug worthy for the most part but for some reason once I started watching I couldn't turn it off. I was looking for a simple before bedtime film that I could turn off half way through but then I had to watch it all. I guess there is something to be said for that...

This is your average rom-com meets action flick. Same-ish style characters with all the obvious plot twists and turns. So, if you dig those types of films you will most likely love this one.

Also, Gerard Butler....

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...