Sunday, December 19, 2010

Temple Grandin (4)




Based on the true story of Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who becomes one of the top scientists in the humane livestock handling industry.

I had never heard of Temple Grandin before, or maybe I had but then forgot about her so this movie was a very random find. At first I turned it on because it sounded lame and because I had no idea what the hell it was about. I am so glad I did, this was a delightful surprise!

The story of this women is enough of a reason to watch this film. Spectacular. Really amazing. From where she started to where she ended up, it's so inspirational. Temple herself seems like an amazing person, Claire Danes did a fantastic job portraying her. Such a great character.

There really wasn't a dull moment at all in this film. Not sure if I really liked the ending or not but there was really no good way to end this movie so I'll have to let that one go. All the characters were interesting and the writing was great.

The best moments were when they gave you a glimpse into how Temple sees things. For example, one character uses the term "husbandry" but Temple pictures it as marriage and they cut quickly to a cow with a wig standing beside 'her' husband on their 'wedding' day. Hilarious. The little things like that made this movie.

Like I said, Claire Danes was fantastic. Really amazing performance. I felt so connected to her the entire time. It was nice to see David Strathairn too, even though it was only for a brief time. I've always liked him.

Fantastic true story that I feel is a must see. Very well done with an amazing portrayal of this magnificent woman. I'm really glad that I stumbled upon it!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...