Saturday, February 5, 2011

Babies (4.5)




(Watch the Trailer)

A 2010 documentary by Thomas Balmès following the lives of 4 babies from different parts of the world during their first precious year.

I always love documentaries, there are some bad ones out there but even the bad ones teach you or show you something that you have never seen or heard before. I think more people should watch more documentaries, it's an amazing genre. That being said, when I first heard they were making this movie I rolled my eyes. Of course you will make money on a movie about babies, everyone is helpless against babies. I personally am not one of those females that gets all gooey and feel my ovaries tingle at the sight of a baby. I like babies, they are cute and hilarious, but I don't really get emotional over them.

So, a few people told me I should watch this and it was on last night so I thought I'd give it a shot. And I actually really enjoyed watching it. I watched it with my parents who liked it as well. Actually, I think my dad liked it even better than my mom and I did. It was funny, cute, interesting and eye opening.

The babies were awesome but seeing their different lives and how they learn and grow was better than their cuteness (even though they were pretty darn cute). Seeing how people in Mongolia, Namibia, San Francisco and Tokyo raise their children was very interesting. It put into stronger perspective Western societies unnecessary obsession with safety and the best and most they can give their child but how it doesn't matter. A child that grows up without clothes, covered in flies is just as happy and grows up just as well as a baby that was everything. Very interesting and perfectly portrayed in this documentary.

I thought it was interesting and fun. Really easy to watch and just over all a really well done documentary. I highly suggest it.

4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...