Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eat Pray Love (4)



(Watch the Trailer)

Finally got around to watching this movie.

I am not really a Julie Roberts fan, which I think most people can relate to. I know this will be rude but I just have to say it: I cannot help but stare at the vein in her forehead. I'm sorry, but it's really distracting. That isn't the reason for my dislike of her, not at all, I just needed to get that off my chest seeing how I've been looking at it for the last 2 hours.

Okay. Now that I've said that. She wasn't awful in this movie but the movie itself didn't really need any life changing acting. At least I didn't think so.

James Franco's character was weird, but I still love him. Not sure how I feel about him and Julia. Sadly, it's forgettable. There just wasn't enough time spent on them.

Javier Bardem, ohhh yes. I love him. I've liked him ever since I first saw him in Before Night Falls which is a fantastic film. I am one of those few woman who don't find him drop dead sexy but I really respect his acting. He is so, so, so talented and I love that he is making more and more movies. I really want to see where his career is going. Anywho, once again there wasn't enough of him to really allow me to comment too much on his performance but I liked him.

Ultimately, I am inspired. This movie was not at all what I was expecting. I was thinking it was some love story about a broken women looking for herself in the world. It had that, yes, but in the end it was really the story about how someone decided to continue on and live. Now I understand why everyone ate this book up and how everyone said that it changed their perspective and inspired them. It really is such a raw, pure inspirational story. No matter who you are or where you are in your life you will find something to relate to.

The movie itself is good. The story was so good that I didn't pay that much attention to the acting. Just being honest. Seeing Italy, India and Bali was better than trying to decipher how amazing (or not) Julia Roberts was in any given scene. I think that says something about this movie. There wasn't really any breakthrough moments in terms of any ones performance but together they built the story up and moved it along.

I really like it. It inspired me, I felt a little change in me by the time the credits rolled. That's always such a great feeling. Ultimately it made me want to travel even more than I did already but it also made me just feel good about me. Which is awesome. I wonder why it did so poorly in the box office and with critics. Who knows...I feel like if I had read the book that I would've hated the movie (at least that's the impression I get when reading other reviews).

Not really a chick flick but definitely had its moments. No big complaints. It's hard though trying to make a book into a movie - I could tell that they had to leave a lot of stuff out. I guess now I'll have to read the book to find out.

4/5



1 comment:

  1. it seems to be a good movie , and i don`t know why you are not a Julie Roberts fan , she is avery good actress ... iam anxious to see that good movie , your explanation is very very good ...thank you

    http://www.youlovemovies.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...