Saturday, February 5, 2011

Inglorius Basterds (5)



Quentin Tarantino has done it again. He has created a film that will rock you to the very core. A magnificent story, beyond fantastic directing and performance, scenes that will be burned into your memory forever and humour that will make you burst out laughing.

This is one of my easy top ten movies from 2009. I remember the first time I watched it in the theatres, and I couldn't talk after the movie. I was that rocked by it. I didn't want to ruin the utter high that I was on as the credits started to roll. I believe my only vocabulary for about an hour after watching it consisted of mostly swear words and random noises of exclamation.

It's a movie about war but it's not a war movie. It's about one group of people and the characters that have to do with that group during the second world war. It's epic, that's all you really need to know.

Brad Pitt was impossibly fantastic in this role. He made this movie. I mean, everyone was bringing their A game, but Pitt nailed it. I mean, I can't even put it into words. His physically and how he made his character talk...his delivery of every single line was perfect. Yes, Tarantino had a lot to do with that as well, but really, an actor can only have so much directing before it's all up to them. And man oh man, did he ever punch this movie in the face. I wanted to (and I'm sorry for this) hump Brad Pitts leg after seeing him in this movie. I loved him that much. Brilliant. I mean, someone that can go from fantastic movies like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to Fight Club and them still impress you even more...awesome. I could keep going but I'll stop.

Most surprising, next to Pitt, was Christoph Waltz. Where the hell did this guy come from?! He was amazing. Like, the first scene. I think my mouth was left hanging open from that point on because of him. Perfection, he was perfect as this character.

The whole film is beyond believable. I really have no complaints at all. I mean, some of the scenes seemed a little long at points, but it was all to build the story and the characters for one of the best finalise I have ever seen. It's classic Tarantino cinema. Builds and builds and just when you think it can't get better it does and then you can't move for about 30 minutes after it hits. Brilliant.

Action. Comedy. Drama. Tears. Blood. Perfection.

Must see film. Must, must see. Trust me.

I'll stop now.

5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...