Monday, February 21, 2011

Unknown (4)



(Watch the Trailer)

A doctor gets in a car accident and ends up in a coma. When he wakes up four days later he doesn't really remember who he is but he knows he is in Berlin with his wife. He tracks her down but upon finding her she seems to have never met him before. In fact, no one seems to know who he is at all. Now he must try to piece it all back together and find out if is he who he claims he is or if he is insane like everyone tells him he is.

I would never mess with Liam Neeson. Even though he is acting in this movies, after having seen Taken,The A-Team and now this film, I feel as though he is still a deadly weapon. He is so good at playing the bad ass. Well, more like a sensitive bad ass. I've always been a fan of his though and this film is no acception. He rocks! Triple high fives for Liam!

It was great seeing Diane Kruger, I wasn't sure if I'd be seeing her again or not after her role in Inglorious Basterds. She was good, she wasn't really in the movie that much but she did a decent job along side Liam.

The action in this is pretty straight forward. You have your car chase (although it's nothing special) and the gun scene and hand-to-hand combat. The thing that makes it better is watching Liam Neeson kick butt. There were a few times with the hand-to-hand that was far too shaky and turny for me. I understand doing that technique with crazy fights but when it's man to man with fists you should really spend some time and money on making it seem real.

Best thing besides Liam: the plot twist. I did not see that coming. I really had no idea that it was going to turn out like that at all. I love it when an action movie can have a somewhat impressive story line. I mean, the over-all plot has been done a million times over but the initial climax and follow through was well done.

If you like action you'll dig this flick. Also, come on, who doesn't want to see people get punched in the face by Liam Neeson?!

4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...