Monday, February 28, 2011

The X Files (4)




(Watch the Trailer)

The first X Files movie, also known as The X Files: Fight the Future(1993).

Mulder and Scully have to fight to government in order to find the truth behind the conspiracy of alien colonization on earth. There's truth to every conspiracy but can two people fight the seemingly unavoidable future of mankind and planet earth?

Oh man, I forgot how much I LOVE The X Files. I really, really do. I was completely shocked by how amazing this movie still is even after over a decade since it's release. Honestly, this movie can totally hold its own when compared to new conspiracy/alien type movies. In fact, I think it's better than at least 80% of the crap that's coming out these days. This is a good movie. Well, it has it's 90's moments, don't get me wrong, but it has real depth, thought and backbone. It also has good acting, which has become sadly rare and less of a necessity than big explosions in this genre now-a-days (listen to me sounding like an old woman).

There really is something magical about David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. I guess it could be all the years that they had time with their characters and working together on the show, but I also think there is this natural energy between them that is magnetic to me as the audience. I couldn't help but listen to every word they were saying. Really awesome duo there.

The story is actually decent. I mean, it makes you stretch your own reality a little bit, but isn't that the point of these movies? The sci-fi/conspiracy films were suppose to make you stop and go, "Wait, this couldn't happen in real life...could it?" and then you sit and think about it. Discuss it. Maybe laugh at it but lodge it in the memory somewhere. Gotta love the paranormal for that.

This movie ignited my long-dormant passion for the series and now I have to go and re-watch the whole thing. I am really looking forward to it, there's no show out right now that can even remotely compare to The X Files so back I go...

The movie is just as epic if not more so than I remember the episodes to be. I do remember the second one being less than impressive but now I need to go and watch that too. I mean, to still have that power and hold so much intrigue 10 years later is something that should be given some respect.

Great sci-fi flick!

4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...