Monday, March 14, 2011

The Cake Eaters (2.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

Two families are brought together in more ways than one but ultimately crash together with the return of one of the family's son.

It is hard to sum up this movie; it really has 3 different stories. They try to make all these stories make sense but really the plot is totally on the surface and I still don't feel like there was any form of deeper purpose or meaning to any of it. It pretty much is what it is: one son loves one daughter who's grandma is with one's father who's son was with some girl who does someones hair who is the granddaughter...

That about sums it up. That is it...right there. I guess you can tell I was disappointed in the story. I had no idea what it was really about and to be honest the son never had to return. The mother's funeral never had to be mentioned. The whole hairdresser girl could've been cut completely...all of these things just made the other parts of the movie feel messy and unconnected.

Ultimately that was it: I felt unconnected.

Only good part of this was seeing Kristen Stewart act. I have nothing against her but I felt like she could do so much more when I would watch things like Eclipse and would get more hope when watching her in better roles like Joan Jett in The Runaways. This movie showed me another side of her and I suppose it rekindled my slight desire to see where her career is going. Time will tell. I was kinda pissed that they mentioned her disease and then it was like it didn't matter at all, but she definitely rocked this role.

I wasn't that impressed with any other part of this film. *shrugs* At first it just seemed like everyone was horny and/or annoying. Most of that didn't change...

It's not romantic - at least I didn't think so. It's not even that dramatic...kinda boring after awhile to be honest. I don't feel like I want more 2 hours back but I do wish I had watched another movie on my list first and added this one to it for a rainy day.

2.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...