Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

The first year of middle school is hard, especially if you're a wimpy kid. Based on the popular illustrated novel by Jeff Kinney.

I haven't read the books but I have seen theme everywhere. Now that the sequel to this movie is number one in the box office charts I thought I would hop on board and try to understand why it is so popular.

I would stick this in there with Malcolm in the Middle and Even Stevens...except both those shows were way better than this movie. I'm sure it works better in book format, but the transfer to screen was lacking too much for me to fully grasp why people are eating it up.

The story works great as a family comedy. That's about it really, younger kids and families must love a comedy like this. I did laugh a few times but mostly because it was really awkward or because of the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

There isn't much else to this story than what they show you. I guess I'm not impressed because people seem to love it. Maybe they do work better as books and the movie does suck compared to the book. That being said, it's entertaining and fluffy with some good old fashioned morals thrown in there to inspire the bright minds of future generations.

Also, there's cheese.

2.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...