Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rango (3.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

A lonely chameleon finds himself in the small, wild west town of Dirt. The town is in need of a sheriff, and more importantly, a hero.

This movie was not all I was hoping it would be. I've heard nothing but good things about this film and about how funny it was...I guess I missed the memo or something. It was a decent flick and I'm sure kids will love it, what with all the silly characters and bouts of action, but it just didn't do it for me.

Rango is a pretty funny looking character and he finds himself in a lot of strange situations but other than that he's just some lizard.

I was happily surprised by how much action there was in this movie. There were chases and gun fighting and hilarious escape/hero scenarios that were really well thought out. I suppose that was my favourite part about it; the action.

There were a few laugh out loud moments but they were one liners and I thought they were pretty forgettable parts. To be honest, I feel like this entire movie is sort of forgettable. It didn't suck, not at all, but when you put it up against movies like How to Train Your Dragon and Toy Story 3 it pales in comparison. It's entertaining and the story is good but even Legend of the Guardians had that extra touch of fantasy and imagination that gave the movie that extra boost of enjoyment.

I will say that I liked how they ran the story back around to be about the environment and what not, give the story more of a conscience, but they didn't really dive into it enough to make it worth while.

I'm sure people will completely disagree with me and say this movie was fun and hilarious and they thought the story was perfect and that isn't wrong but for me it wasn't enough to really make me care by the time the credits rolled.

I still heart you Johnny Depp. You make a good lizard.

3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...