Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Eagle (2)



(Watch the Trailer)

In Roman ruled Britain, a Captains son attempts to clear his family's name by finding what his father lost: the eagle.

Oh, right. This movie. The one that you most likely forgot even existed and are now wondering if it even opened in theatres...it did. Don't fear though, it's nothing to really remember...

I still don't like Channing Tatum. I don't understand how he is still making movies. A strange part of me wants to like him, so I keep watching his movies, only to be disappointed and sometimes angry. This movie was the same thing as G.I. Joe...sad.

I love Jamie Bell though, who is most known for his role in Billy Elliot. I know, that kid! He's all grown up...my oh my he has grown up. *wink* But really, I always love watching him in movies and even though this film was awful it would have been a near 0 rating if Jamie hadn't of tried to make it good. Good show man, but nothing could've saved this movie. Well...maybe an entirely different script and lead...

I am giving it a 2 because there were some pretty okay action/suspense stuff going on. Also, the sword play was decent enough I suppose. I thought this was going to be the worst historical action flick I have seen in awhile so that may be helping the rating a bit too. Maybe I'm feel generous today...

Okay. Here's the deal. If you don't mind watching Channing Tatum, like Roman type stuff but aren't a snob about it (or else you'll cry yourself to death from inaccuracy), if you like swords and obvious endings, then you should watch this movie.

Or, if you were like me and my friend, and you like action movies and wanted to watching something that you could just sit and laugh at the entire time, you should watch this movie.

Ultimately forgettable.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...