Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Garden State (5)



(Watch the Trailer)

I cannot believe this movie is already 7 years old! Crazy. I still remember the first time I watched it and, more importantly, the first time it changed me in the way only a good movie can.

After the death of his mother a son returns home for the first time in 9 years and is thrown back into his past and all the things he was trying to stay numb from his entire life.

This movie is easily one of my favourites. I honestly don't feel the need to write a long review here at all because everyone should watch this movie and love their lives all the more because of it.

So many reasons why it is the best: the music, Natalie Portman's character is the best, Zach Braff wrote/directed/acted/and did the soundtrack which is beyond delicious, the soundtrack again (just to be clear), comedy, drama, cute love, references to Medieval Times, Peter Sarsgaard, motorcycle with a sidecar, Ian Holm, Jim Parson (way before The Big Bang Theory)....

I could go on and on.

This script is a once in a lifetime creation and Zach Braff should've won every single award possible because not only did he write it but his performance was amazing...everything about this movie is amazing.

If it doesn't strike some kind of emotion cord somewhere then....I just don't know. That is weird.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...