Thursday, April 14, 2011

Your Highness (3)



(Watch the Trailer)

A younger brother is jealous of his soon-to-be-King older brother but both must work together if they are to save the older brothers love.

I feel like this movie just stole ideas from every serious and well done legend/fantasy and mushed it into a feature film. I saw so many things from Clash of the Titans but because I knew they were ripping it off I will admit that I found it entertaining. I guess the best way to explain it is that this film is the Scary Movie of legends.

I honestly don't know if I've ever noticed Danny McBride before this film but there were times that I was laughing really hardy to this man. He is one of those comedians who's face is their best feature. Some of his expressions just about killed me...in a good way. The beautiful way they snapped to his reaction to things made me burst out laughing more than once.

Other than that though I found Mr. Franco (127 Hours, Eat Pray Love) more entertaining and more hilarious than anyone else. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, No Strings Attached) was meh...that's about it. I still don't know if she can really do comedy all that well but I still heart her. Zooey Deschanel (500 Days of Summer)...I still don't know how I feel about her. She was forgettable in this movie.

The comedy is not smart. It's random and really ridiculous and sometimes so off the charts and, well, gross, that you almost don't want to laugh. If you like those kind of comedies than this is the film for you. It was a fun film and I'm really glad I got to see it.

There were actually some pretty good action scenes. The effects were nothing to talk about but I thought that the sword play and some of the escapes were well done. There were some weird ass characters though that I think I shook my head at instead of giggling over...but you can't win them all.

To me this movie was exactly how you think it will be. Nothing more, nothing less. You watch the trailer and that's what you get.

...except the ending is horrible. Ya, I didn't like the ending at all. The opening credits were awesome though...

Your basic comedy with some 5 headed monsters, boobs, sex jokes, homosexual mentions, hilarious scenarios and a pile of funny faces.

3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...