Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peacock (3.2)



(Watch the Trailer)

A mysterious and shy bank clerk in the small town of Peacock is forced to reveal a side of himself that no one ever knew existed after a train crashes into his yard.

I had no idea what to expect when I borrowed this film from a friend but I can tell you that it wasn't anything close to what I actually watched. In a good and slightly bad way.

I can't really tell much of the story at all without telling everyone what the big secret is so this review will be short and coded but if it interests you at all I highly suggest checking it out.

Cillian Murphy (best known for his role as the Scarecrow in the Batman Beings) was beyond amazing in this movie. Actually, he made this movie. Without him this movie would have easily rolled into the sucking category. His performance in this is reason enough to watch this movie. I cannot even...I still cannot believe him in this movie. I wish I could say more but I cannot without spoiling things so just trust me on this.

Ellen Page wasn't in the movie much and she wasn't impressive, the same goes for Susan Sarandon...in fact, all the sideline characters weren't very interesting at all but it wasn't totally their faults, the main story and character are overpoweringly interesting and thought consuming.

It is a thriller for sure and gets a little disturbing at times, but nothing too heavy.

I admit that I like the main idea behind this movie and I can honestly say that I haven't seen a plot quite like it before but it was still missing something. I believe that something was support from somewhere else. I liked this movie without a doubt but I needed something more to fuel the core base of this film in order for it to have really sucked me into it.

Watch it for Cillian Murphy. You really have no idea where this story will take you until you get there...

3.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...