Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (3.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

The conclusion to the epic Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

I love these books and all of the movies a lot(The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire ).

This was my least favourite movie of the trilogy. I'm not sure if it's because I literally just finished reading the last book right before watching this and therefore noticed ALL of the changes and ALL of the important info they left out or if they didn't do as good of a job making the book into a script but it seemed off. It wasn't as powerful, exciting or moving as the previous movies. The book is great though but it is filled with a lot of dialogue, filler and what not so I can see why they had problems trying to cram it all into a movie but because of that too I found this movie less exciting and meaningful than the others.

Noomi Rapace was still amazing, I think I have a girl crush on this actor. She is amazing and she IS Lisbeth Salander. No one can do it like she can and it's amazing to watch. So awesome.

Michael Nyqvist who plays Mikael Blomkvist wasn't as amazing as in previous movies but still holds true to the character.

This story has less action in it so prepare for a lot of connect the dots but I found that a lot of the connections, inside scoops and secrets were lost because they had to take a 700 paged book and make it into a 2 hour movie. This time around it just didn't work as well but it's still a solid movie and a great conclusion to the trilogy.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...